Trail Work/Events Calendar

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

SPANKIN' NEW


The Bloated Tick would like to congratulate R. Cabs on her new baby. No, not a human (Eeew!!). Welcome to the block, Roubaix. We are all so happy for Cabs, although now we will only see her slipstream as she whizzes by us Wood Ticks. As for me, I am sad. I fear the days of R.Cabs joining me in the woods are over...sniff, sniff.

The unveiling was quite an event....Dignitaries and Heads of State waited on edge for the great moment. At 5:36 Monday evening -with a poof - the shroud of mystery was lifted as the spot lights blasted the pedestal. There it was! All that could be heard was a rush of "ahhhhs and ooooooohs". I heard some grumbling in the back "who can catch her now???" "so fierce....."

She stood so shiny and new, lighter than a pint of beer. Carbon, carbon, carbon.

The gala raged until the break of day when we all stumbled home after dining on Gu and Powerbars. Just as the last limo left, I saw a blue streak at the end of the road, was it a comet? Was it the northern lights? No, it was Cabs upon her new steed.
Go on with your bad self! Here's to a great season!

No comments:

Post a Comment