Trail Work/Events Calendar

Monday, August 17, 2009

School of Hard Knocks


There are so many pretty colors and the landscape is all bumpy and lumpy. Fall in New England? A poppy field in Burma? An acid trip? Nope - just my body. The collection of bruises and lumps rival most car accident victims. A weak woo to the ouch. Wild and untamed trails - 1 / 15 v schleck - 0.


There are moments in life that remind you that yes, you are human. I am not a flying superhero. I shall not see a giant log as a launching pad into space. Frickin gravity. Today I feel human. I am reminded of this every time I move, sit, or blink.


There were lessons learned yesterday, still tying to replay most of them in my head. Breathe, control, go slower, take your time - don't get angry at your bike and drive over it in the driveway!


It is with great reflection and total openness that I look to the woods and ask - WWTD? (what would tick do) - I know the answer. Take some Alieve and get your ass back on that bike. That's the problem with the Bloated Tick - once you believe there is no turning back, the freedom and purest of highs tug at your heart and you know that the bruises will heal and the sweet air will be calling.

No comments:

Post a Comment